Our range of K-Couplings are made of double loop ELASTACAST® polyurethane elastomeric material assembled to zinc plated steel hubs. The crimping process is carried out by specialised equipment which guarantees the perfect crimp required for long life and excellent performance. The hubs mount to shafts using Allen screws. Keyed hubs are available in the 5803 and 5804 series.
- Annealed steel for maximum strength
- Zinc plated to resist corrosion
- Rounded corners to prevent cutting
- Precision swaged mechanical crimp
- Standard set screws
- Keyways available to order
- Polyurethane material is cut and wear-resistant
- Unique design configuration provides maximum flexibility
- Generous radius for added strength
- Full wrap-around design holds securely to hub
Seven steps to follow in selecting your K-Coupling:
- Determine the horsepower (torque) requirement of your application. Allow for peak start/stop torque. Make sure the torque requirement is within the K-Coupling® rating limits. See tables.
- Determine the amount of space available for installing the coupling. Compare this with the hub-to-hub and outside loop dimensions shown.
- Consider the shaft sizes involved and the amount of space between them, because the required bore size on one hub sometimes differs from the other.
- Predetermine the maximum degree of angular and parallel misalignment for which the coupling will have to compensate. Be sure your requirements are within the recommended limits.
- Decide whether a keyway will really be necessary. If so, they are available at extra cost on series 5803 and 5804.
- Standard keyways: 3mm for 12mm shafts and 5mm for 14mm, 15mm and 16mm shafts.
- Recommended continuous operating temperature for the K-Coupling® is 18°C to 83°C in many atmospheres, however, consideration must be given to exposure to solvents, chemicals, acids and gases.